ABC Quality is South Carolina's voluntary quality improvement system for child care providers caring for young children. It helps child care providers improve the quality of care they provide to children to a level beyond the basics. The first step in helping to ensure that a child care provider meets the basic health and safety needs of children is for the child care program to become licensed. ABC Quality helps child care providers achieve a quality level higher than licensing. There are 5 levels of quality a child care program can earn: A+, A, B+, B, and C. If your child care program voluntarily enrolls in ABC Voucher, ABC also helps eligible families pay for child care services so that the parents can work.
Can your program measure up?
Beyond the basics.
We want South Carolina’s youngest children to eat smart, move more, and grow healthy!
Grow Your Quality
See child care providers who are growing their quality!
News & Announcements
- It's time for staff and children to get vaccinated against the flu again! See information on flu vaccines and flu clinics in South Carolina.
- New Crib Standards – Beginning December 28, 2012, any crib provided by child care facilities and family child care homes must meet new and improved federal safety standards.
- The South Carolina Program for Infant/Toddler Care has selected Cutler Jewish Day School in Columbia, SC, as its first Demonstration Site.
- See which providers grew their quality in April!
- The South Carolina Program for Infant/Toddler Care is sponsoring a select group of child care professionals to participate in an intense mentor training course in Atlanta. Read more about the training on our Awards and Recognitions page.
- February 9, 2014: SC Women's Basketball and SC DSS Sponsor Health and Fitness Day